FactoryTalk Transaction Manager Writing a PLC String Value to an SQL Database

EnterDownload

Hello All

This is my first Transaction Manager project.

I have a working configuration in Transaction Manager 10.20 that successfully writes PLC Data to an SQL 2012 Management Studio DB based upon a trigger event.

The only problem I'm having is with writing String Datatypes to my SQL DB.

For example, I have a "Serial Number" that is a string variable in my Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC. In turn, I have the "SerialNumber" field configured in a SQL table as varchar(length 14).

The Transaction Manager connector only shows SerialNumber PLC tag as Data[0] thru Data[13] under Data Points. In Transaction Manager I entered 14 in the "Elements" column for Serial Number. I assumed that would be Data[0]..Data[13]

But when I trigger my transaction, the SQL Database field for SerialNumber is a value of "11"...which is the string.LEN property, (current string length of Serial Number is 11).

How do I configure Transaction Manager to write the actual ascii value for the SerialNumber string to my SQL database instead of the string length?

thanks

Jay

When you are creating your data points, you can only pick the .DATA or .LEN portions of the string. But, once you have the data point created, you can edit the item string to the actual String tag name. I struggled with the same issue the first Transaction Manager project I did.