PanelView Plus 1000 - Alarms & Events

ShacharY

Hey,
I'm looking for any guide to create history for numeric input changes using Panelview plus 1000. just simple display contain record of change time, last value and the current one.
I don't have the option to use SQL becuse i have only the panel and not using an external PC or server to use SQL.

#FactoryTalk ME & Panelview plus 1000

Thanks!

I think it will be easy if using the Data Logging of micro 1400
for more info see chapter 25 page 495 of manual 1766-rm001-en
hope this will help you

Using PLC data logging not fit to use a real events display as the alarms display (part of the FactoryTalk software), i'm looking to manage display using history and more options. How Rockwell didn't think about that? :confused:

Did you have another solution?

Thanks!

Make a subroutine in plc that will run each time the numeric value changes.

in the sub use 3 FFL instructions one for current value,one for previous value and and one for time of change.

to get time use Real Time Clock.

hope this help

The phrase "Alarms and Events" may be confusing some readers, because that's a specific feature of ControlLogix and FactoryTalk View SE that uses individual instructions (ALMD and ALMA) in the controller in conjunction with a subscriber service in the HMI software.

"FTA&E" is not supported by the PanelView Plus terminals, nor by the MicroLogix controllers.

The way I would go about this is using the onboard Alarm subsystem of the PanelView Plus, with a digital tag tied to the Enter key of each Numeric Entry. Each of those digital tags will be an Alarm Trigger.

You can embed the new value of the Numeric Entry object into the Alarm message, but I haven't thought of a way to put the previous value into the Alarm message.

One idea. Assume that:
- B3:0/0 is tied to the enter key of your numeric display
- B3:0/1 is an alarm trigger
- N7:0 is tied to the Value connection of your keypad
- N7:1 is a variable that you will embed into your alarm message for "previous value"
- N7:2 is a variable that you will embed into your alarm message for "new value"
- N7:10 is the value you want to change

Don't directly make the numeric entry change N7:10, make it change N7:0 as above. Then put this rung in:

xic b3:0/0 bst otu b3:0/0 nxb mov N7:10 N7:1 nxb mov N7:0 N7:2 nxb mov N7:2 N7:10 nxb otl B3:0/1 bnd

What this will do when you hit enter and turn on B3:0/0 is:
- Turn off B3:0/0 to ensure the following logic is only executed once
- Copy the current value of the tag you're changing to N7:1
- Copy your newly entered value into N7:2
- Copy your newly entered value into the tag you wanted it put into
- Turn on B3:0/1 which you will use to trigger an "alarm"

Then you set up an alarm triggered by B3:0/1, with a message along the lines of "[description of N7:10] changed from [N7:1] to [N7:2]".

You will need to turn B3:0/1 off after a second or two using a timer or something.

If you were careful with how you arrange the addresses of the integer you're logging, you could do it all in a couple of lines with some indirect addressing.

Hope that helps!

Last edited: