s7300 shredder

rigicon

Hi all,
A shredder(beast of a machine) has a s7300 PLC. someone had put the wrong DI_16x24VDC card in and wired it negative the rest of the machine is positive logic. I am putting this right. I have replaced the card for a positive logic. Also there was a AO 2ch card and a DO 16x24vdc card that are not used. I removed these as there is spare left over. I updated the Hardware manager accordingly as the slots changed, i also re-addressed the cards manually (uncheck system). I have downloaded the changes and the PLC goes into run and no errors are present. Unfortunately the main motor fuses are removed and only the PLC is powered up for the week while mechanical maintencance is completed. Is there something I have missed or is that all one needs to do? Long time since I did S7_300.:)

Further there is a memory card. Do I need to flash or save the newly reconfigured hardware & if so How? All I have done is downloaded the new hardware configuration to the PLC and gone online to check for errors. Error consistency says no errors. I haven't changed the program at all as I changed the addressing to suit just the position of the card changed ie different slot number/position. I hope this is all I have to do?

In hardware config can one put cards in any order and as long as one manually inputs the original address the program will still work? I think this is what I am trying to ask as this is all i have done so far.

I don't do a lot with Siemens but from what I have done, I believe you're all OK so far. With Siemens you can give a card any address range you like (as long as it's not already used) so as long as you make sure that you did that correctly you should be good to go.

As for the memory card question, I don't think you need to manually update it but I'm really not sure on that one.

Hi!

Just to get it right.. You have changed the physical modules and have the same setup in your hw setup in step 7.

The order of the modules have to be correct. You can change the io addresses manually. You should not be able to use duplicates, it will give you an error.

You have downloaded the new setup and it is giving you no errors? Your fine!

You can download a backup to the mmc but you don't have to :)

In hardware config can one put cards in any order and as long as one manually inputs the original address the program will still work? I think this is what I am trying to ask as this is all i have done so far.

You can assign any IO address range to any module, although obviously only one module can use the same address. However, the order of the cards in the HW config must match the order of the cards in the real world.

You shouldn't need to do anything special to the memory card. When you download from S7, you are writing directly to the memory card (load memory). The MMC remembers everything once power is removed, no battery needed. Then it is loaded to the RAM (work memory) and the PLC executes everything from there. That's why they have the MRES switch; it doesn't send it to factory defaults, it clears out the work memory and reloads everything from the load memory.

Thanks for all the comments. It works a treat!
I did make the HW config match the real world and made sure I used the addressses used in the program as before with the IO cards and then I saved it and wrote to ROM just to be sure. The beast is running smooth with Thanks to this Forum.