Controlling two tags with same button in Rockwell Factorytalk View

rtragle

Is there a way to control 2 tags with the same button in Factorytalk View?

Background:
I have a motor that has auto enable and manual enable tags. When I shut it off, I have to change both AUTO_ENABLE and MAN_ENABLE to false.

Thanks,
Ryan

Is the macro capability new? I'm using version 8 of Factorytalk, and it seems like macros just assign values to tags with no parameters

--Ryan

Is the macro capability new?
No, it has been around since the RSView days.

I'm using version 8 of Factorytalk
Are you using it with a Panelview Plus, or a PC? If the latter, is it SE standalone or distributed?

and it seems like macros just assign values to tags with no parameters

--Ryan
It has been a long time since I have used the software, but there are Macros, and then there are Macro Buttons. I think you set up a Macro with multiple lines, one for each operation, and then use a Macro Button object to call the Macro.

Don't do this in View. Do it in the PLC. Seriously.
Write one momentary bit to the PLC, and use that to disable/unlatch/whatever both modes. Then, again, in the PLC, forcibly reset the command bit from View. There is absolutely NO guarantee when using FTView that a bit will actually be successfully written, and even less of a chance of writing two at once.

Don't know if this will work in your logic, but...

We use "Interlocked Push Buttons" to change modes. For instance if we have a component with 3 modes (off, auto, on) we will use three interlocked push buttons displayed side by side. The OFF button will write a 0 to the target IND or DINT, the AUTO will write a 1, and the ON will write a 2.

We then use that INT or DINT in an EQU to determine which bit (off, auto, or on) is energized.