1784-u2dhp

Lukas01

Hi,

i connected 1784-u2dhp SLC 5/04 and my laptop. On my laptop i have virtual machine (vmware) on which is rockwell software. The problem is that i can't see my PLC in RsLinx. Com port in Rslinx is the same like in Device manager. The USB and PWR led are solid green but DH+ blinks (green).
Can be a problem in vmware (maybe usb ports which are 3.0, and vmware only give me 1.1 or 2.0 usb). If someone had a similar problem, please share a solution.

Thanks

Add VM Device?

Hi,

i connected 1784-u2dhp SLC 5/04 and my laptop. On my laptop i have virtual machine (vmware) on which is rockwell software. The problem is that i can't see my PLC in RsLinx. Com port in Rslinx is the same like in Device manager. The USB and PWR led are solid green but DH+ blinks (green).
Can be a problem in vmware (maybe usb ports which are 3.0, and vmware only give me 1.1 or 2.0 usb). If someone had a similar problem, please share a solution.

Thanks

Probably a bit too obvious but did you select removable devices and add the hosts usb device to VM machine???

regards
David
www.fast-automation.com

Thanks for all responses.

On the end, I stayed on two theories.

1. My laptop only supports 3.0 usb (maybe to try with usb 2.0 to 3.0 adapter)
2. I found out that the baud rate in rslogix under channel configuration is set 230k. I always set baud 57k on U2DHP and in
device manager under port settings. But port settings in device manager only offer till 128k (max). Is there a way to set 230k?? Maybe problem lays there.

Best Regards

Although your laptop supports up to 3.0, it should not reject lower standards. I find that hard to believe.

The baud rate is surely going to prevent it from working properly.
You don't actually change the baud rate in device manager. Let that alone.
You change it in the Logix program and on the U2DHP itself.

Only Windows 8 or greater supports USB 3.0. I've had to use a USB 2.0 hub to get windows to "see" my USB 3.0 portable hard drive under Windows 7.