OMRON CJ1's Ethernet Networking problems

castro

Currently we have setup a CJ1H-H CPU65 with two CJ1W-ETN11 units (ethernet units) and a CLK21 unit (controller link unit). It is connected via a wired Ethernet connection to a PC and to a CJ1G-H CPU42 (with Ethernet and controller link units) via a wireless Ethernet connection through two LINKSYS 2.4 GHz Ethernet bridges, one at each side of the connection. Communication between the two PLC's is okay. However, we have started testing with parts of the machine which involve 48 other wireless devices and in the future there will be 120. We have had communication problems. To rule out or to confirm that an overload of the wireless network is causing the communication problems between the two PLC's, I have been trying to replace the wireless connection with a wired connection with no success.
I used a cat 5e crossover Ethernet cable from the CJ1H-H PLC to a switch and from the switch to the CJ1G-H PLC, I used a cat 5e straight cable. I would appreciate your help regarding this issue, as well as any suggestions regarding other networking strategies to oercome this problem.

"We have had comunnication problems" means we have had interuptions in data transfer between the two PLC's. This has brought inpredictable behaviour in the machine.

Thanks

There have been quite a few discussions in the last few months about wireless setups.... You could probably dig up quite a lot of information by doing a search for "wireless".

This one is around. I answered elsewhere that switches normally use crossover cables in and out and hubs use straight cables as the crossover is done in the hub. Have had no response. Do not know whether this was the problem or not.

Would be nice to know.