1771 Control Coprocessor

M.Ossama

I am migrating the PLC5 to Controllogix
and there is Copro 1771-DMC in the chases, I have the application of the copro and i can't open it to know what is this Copro doing.
The question is there a way to open the file to see its logic ?
the Extension of the file is EXE
Thank you

Best of luck in interrogating the co-processor. We have one here that required a hardware reset and I emailed the 3rd party supplier who gave me the required files as a backup. I emailed them to Rockwell, who confirmed that they were compiled files, so they could not tell me what it did....

To download the files, they said that I required an environment called PCBRIDGE (see attached zip files).

Not sure if that will help you......but I have not had to try it myself.

The DMC runs an actual compiled program. I used to use them to interface to various devices.

Write a program in C, compile it, test it, get it working, download, and it's done.

I think it ran OS9 as an operating system (just the command line version).

Good luck trying to reverse engineer the exe, it isn't going to be easy.