Panelbuilder 2711-ND3

Logix_Stef

Hi,

has not become an issued yet, but ... I have a laptop with AB Panelbuilder 2711-ND3 installed, working OK. Where the installation disk is I don't know. I was going to buy a new version, and noticed this software is now obselete.

Question now is - with the newer generation of Allen Bradley PanelViews - is there an alternative software availabe which also supports the older style PVs, e.g. PV550?

This was probably asked here before but can't find anything.

Thanks guys.

Logix_Stef said:
...is there an alternative software availabe which also supports the older style PVs...

Unfortunately no. You will require PanelBuilder32 for the older PanelView Standard terminals and FactoryTalk View Studio for the PanelView Plus and newer terminals.

PanelBuilder32 is old software but not necessarily "obsolete". You can still purchase it. Version 3.83.01 is the latest, which I have and the disc says it was issued in 2009. Last I looked it is not available for direct download, even if you have purchased a previous version.

You can contact your Rockwell Automation Vendor and see what they can do for you. They will usually send it out to you on disc. That is how we procured it. Whether you will have to pay for it or not may depend on whether you can authenticate the purchase of the original version.

Either way, it is available.

EDIT: I just went and checked and would you know it? They have since added it to their downloads. If you have your credentials for the existing 2711-ND3 product (Company Name and Serial Number) then you can download it for free.

Regards,
George

2711-ND3_Download.jpg

Last edited:
:site::site::site:
This is great info, thanks for that Geosparks, this helped a lot. The serial number visible on the installed software.