GEC Micro 3 control system interfacing

I hope there is someone that can assist in this problem or that have more extensive knowledge of interfacing to a GEC micro 3 control system. I have never done a similar program like this before.

Our objective: To interface to 6 ammonia compressors, 5 of them containing micro 3 control systems and 1 compressor is a G force control system which is a bit more advanced.
Equipment that is used: Delta DOP B series HMI with Ethernet capability, SS2 Delta plc.

For a quick test a basic communication program was done and with a few test registers tried to communicate with modbus 485 RTU to one compressor. A few registers was used on the HMI. We quickly noticed that nothing is happening on the network. During our testing we discovered that the GEC micro 3 have a test program and we also discovered it has a loop-back function test on the control panel of the micro 3. On this loop-back test the communication protocol is clearly indicated. We removed the temporary network and the loop-back was prepared directly at the control panel.

Results:
1. Loop-back is failing on the micro 3 control system of the ammonia compressor. We tried another compressor and this also failed. Software version of the micro 3 was checked and it is of the correct version with communication. Maybe we are making a stupid mistake somewhere but all efforts is now at a standstill.
2. We also noted that the communication LED on the micro 3 panel is not flashing at all. This is serious. Our thought pattern is that somehow the communication function is disabled or not enabled on the micro 3 control panel. Various emails were send but we cannot get the proper information neither the correct technician to speak to. We have no idea how to get this communication going on this micro 3 control panel. Maybe someone have the knowledge. Or is this a case where we will battle for months to get a GEC technician to do a 15 minute configuration on the compressors?

Any help will be appreciated.

You may need to clarify exactly what a "GEC micro 3" is. Google and I do not know.