DTOS Command Question

BPyles

OK, So I have a problem where I have SINT[450] array (Data[x]). I created an index that runs through and does 450 itterations of DTOS instruction. My problem is that for instance the letter T is in the SINT as 84 displayed in ascii so my string comes back '84'. I have a string[450] array String[x] that I am converting the data into. Has anyone come across this problem before?

When I work with SINT[x] arrays which are actually strings, I normally use the COP instruction to copy the SINT(s) I need to the .DATA[x] SINT(s) of a string tag. Additionally I set the .LEN of the string tag to whatever the length it is supposed to be. For example 1. The string tag being filled will then display the actual textual representation of the original SINT[x] array, so the SINT as 84, will be a T within the string tag.

That way I managed to make a real string tag out of BYTE arrays which contained ASCII chars in SINTs.

Had to use this with socket communications (MSG) between a ControlLogix and a Laser unit. :geek:

Last edited:
more problems.

I am still having a small issue:

The String.Data[x] holds ascii characters now but the String doesn't show that it has any value. (see screen capture)

When I try to do something like Middle String it shows up as a blank string.

Capture.JPG

I am still having a small issue:

The String.Data[x] holds ascii characters now but the String doesn't show that it has any value. (see screen capture)

When I try to do something like Middle String it shows up as a blank string.

Are you setting the .LEN member of your string tag? If that is 0 then the string will display no characters.