Replace of NET-AIC with NET-ENI

danesco87

Hi Folks, (Dumb question coming sorry)

I have the work for update a network that actually runs over a Wampfler BUS, but its having troubles, so the client want to replace this BUS with Wireless com.

What I want its to do the change in the seamlessly and transparent way possible.

The attachment shows, the actual network and a few ideas that I have, my major problem its not to be sure if after the NET-ENI its possible to use any Ethernet device, like a cisco wireless bridge without support DF1?

Same for the radios coming directly from RS232, in theory if this is only a physical layer does not have to affect the communication between the controllers and the PC right?

Thanks

actual.PNG A.jpg B.jpg C.jpg

If you’re going to continue to use DF1 then I see no reason to do anything other than use a good set of radio modems. Converting DF1 into another protocol just so you can move it from point A to B (and C and D) is doing a lot of work that isn’t needed.
I’m not sure which 900MHz radios you have shown in image “C” but I’d use either SRM6030’s or PLR6030’s from Data-Linc Group. The SRM family has been around for the better part of 20 years and are about the best you can get. The only difference between the SRM and PLR is the receiver sensitivity and output power are lower in the PLR’s (but they will still go 5 miles).
Having said that, if you’ve got a “good” 900MHz radio modem that you’re familiar with then that might be a good way to go as well. The main point is I wouldn’t convert DF1 to something else just so you can move it only to convert it back to DF1.
P.S. I also would stay away from 2.4GHz. It’s gotten very crowded.
http://www.data-linc.com/srmfamily/srm6030.htm
http://www.data-linc.com/plantlinc/plr6030.htm

If you’re going to continue to use DF1 then I see no reason to do anything other than use a good set of radio modems. Converting DF1 into another protocol just so you can move it from point A to B (and C and D) is doing a lot of work that isn’t needed.
I’m not sure which 900MHz radios you have shown in image “C” but I’d use either SRM6030’s or PLR6030’s from Data-Linc Group. The SRM family has been around for the better part of 20 years and are about the best you can get. The only difference between the SRM and PLR is the receiver sensitivity and output power are lower in the PLR’s (but they will still go 5 miles).
Having said that, if you’ve got a “good” 900MHz radio modem that you’re familiar with then that might be a good way to go as well. The main point is I wouldn’t convert DF1 to something else just so you can move it only to convert it back to DF1.
P.S. I also would stay away from 2.4GHz. It’s gotten very crowded.
http://www.data-linc.com/srmfamily/srm6030.htm
http://www.data-linc.com/plantlinc/plr6030.htm

Hi, thanks for the reply the radios in C options are this.

Phoenix Contact RAD-ISM-900-DATA-BD-BUS-2867296

https://www.phoenixcontact.com/onli...96&library=usen&pdfmode=direct&pdflanguage=en

The distance its only 100 meters without line of sight.

Then the best solution its get away from the NET-AIC and put a nice set of radios. 🍻

Correct, if you’re going to continue to use DF1 there is no reason to use NET-AIC’s (or NET-ENI’s). DF1 works well wirelessly.
I’ve seen the Phoenix radios but have not had a chance to use them. The 100m tells me that they are probably pretty low power radios (100mW if I had to guess) which if you’re going a very short range should be OK. Having said that more power and higher receiver sensitivity can go a long way (pardon the pun) in ensuring a reliable system. What I always say when asked about using a 25+ mile radio in a short range application is; “if it will do 25+ miles easily think of how good it will be in short range applications”. Having said that (again) I don’t know what the Phoenix radios cost. The DLG radios range from $1200 to $1400.

WOW!!! That’s expensive for a radio that will only go 100m. If the cost is the same I’d put the DLG radios up against the Phoenix radios any day (or night). I’d get it if they were $300/$400 (maybe a little more) but anything more than that and you’re going to get much more value out of the DLG radios.
Contact Eduardo. He’s their West Coast sales guy but also covers (and comes from) South America. He can help you.