Step 5 software crashed while blowing to eprom

Sam Kennedy

I received an eprom a few weeks ago to write a backup for a customer, however on attempting to write to the eprom, I got a submodule electrical fault error. I sent the eprom back and instead of sending a new one, they repaired the old one and sent it back.

I did a UV erase and used step 5 to blow to the eprom, however at address 270C everything has locked up. I tried pressing escape but get an internal beep, so either the software/windows 95 has crashed, or there is still a problem with the eprom?

How should I proceed? Just unplug the eprom and do another erase and try again?

[nostalgia]
Also, at some time Siemens changed the UVPROMs so that they took longer to erase.
I think they made them sensitive to only a narrow band of UV light.
I used to have a UV gun that could erase a Siemens UVPROM in seconds . After the change to the UVPROMs that gun no longer worked.
[/nostalgia]