Fatek Winproladder Overflow detection

marcunni242

Hello everyone,
I'm currently programming a Fatek FBs-60MC PLC, converting an old program from an ABB's SLC500.
The project reads some analog values, scales them up, and generates new values to put on the analog outputs. (Using the corresponding Fatek A/D & D/A modules).
The question is the following one..
I've seen in RSLOGIX, the use of the "S5:0" Bit (Overflow Fault Diversion). It is used as a way of 'clamping' some register's values.
For example, if I make a multiplication "C= A x B", if the resulting value exceeds the 16-bit limit, the bit is triggered. So, using the S5:0 bit in the same line, I could trigger a MOV function that sets a defined value on the C register (in this example).
I can't find anything similar in FATEK/WINPROLADDER.
I've seen that some type of Overflow can be detected, but only in Sums and substractions. Is there anything like this for multiplications?
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
If I've not been clear, please let me know, so I can clarify.
Kind Regards,
Martin Cunningham

Solved: Fatek Winproladder Overflow detection

Hey everyone,
I've kept on reading about this. Just in case it's of use to anyone...
Fatek does not use Overflow detection for multiplications, since it never occurs.
* Multiplying two 16-bits registers yields a 32-bits result.
* Multiplying two 32-bits registers yields a 64-bit result.
This way, there's never an overflow. "Clamping" of values can be achieved by simply comparing the resulting 32-bit value with the desired limit.
Hope it's of use.
Kind regards

Martin