Panelview Plus CompactFlash Firmware

Aabeck

I am trying to fix an older PanelView Plus 1000 2711P-T10C4D1 Series A Rev C, Logic Module 2711P-RP1 Ser B Rev C.

After replacing a few parts it now shows the firmware is corrupt or missing. The firmware Compact Flash (2711P-RW1, Series C, ver 3.10.04) when put in a computer shows as needing to be formatted. Is this a different format that Windows can't see, or is the flash empty? The external CF card with the .mer project on it is readable in Windows.

If it is a Windows format & I reformat it, could anyone Zip the contents of a working flash of that version & send it to me (searched EBay & none of the listings were for this version).

Tried a Series E, ver 5 flash from another PV1000, but it crashed, need to have the version compatible with the display unit.

Last edited:
I had a similar situation & ended up trashing the Panelview, never found if you could reinstall the firmware if the HMI wouldn't at least power up to the config screen. I think there should be a way - my Rockwell distributor said the only option they could provide was to return the complete unit to Rockwell for a complete rebuild - just to get the compact flash reprogrammed.