Data transfer using udt

farima

I want to transfer 4 bits from AB PLC(studio 5000, logix designer) to ABB ROBOT(IRB 1600) , the type of data is DINT and send the data when camera sees the part. can I use UDT? If I can, would you be kind enough to tell me how to use it? many thanks

Try using the BTD instruction. You can parse out the 4 bits from the DINT you want to send. As far as the actual transfer to the robot, I can't help you there. No AB robot experience here.

Similar Topics

Hello all. Would anyone have sample code that uses a wall clock to move the CTU.ACC to a another variable in the PLC after 24-hours has elapsed? I...
Replies
Views
is it possible to transfer input and output data from one cpu to another in s7 200 using profibus for program lader logic
Replies
Views
Hi. We have mashine with AB SLC5/04CPU PLC and Proface AGP3500. I need transfer data AB SLC5/04CPU PLC to TSX momentum PLC using ethernet...
Replies
Views
I made a previous thread about s7-300 communications in reference to choosing and setting up the right hardware. I decided to go with the DP/DP...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know what the data transfer rate for this series of CompactLogix PLC's? 1769-L24ER-QB1B to be exact. Cheers.
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom