Twidosuite Symbols

nehpets

Does anybody know how to get the symbols and comments to appear on the online display, when I open the program on the controller to view online, obviously there are no symbols or comments, so I save the program and import the symbols and comments, but when I then try to view the online program it reports that the program has changed and requires downloading to the processor which is not possible without stopping the process. There must be some way to do this, can anyone help.

Steve

The short answer is no.

You will have to download the program to the controller again. The Twido is a horrible little beast and Schneider are quietly pushing it over to the rubbish pile.

You should be able to import symbols to program if you are at online, after importing symbols save program at online.

Network comments can't imported at online.

Thanks for the reply, however there doesn't appear to be any facility to import symbols when you are online in the 'debug' screen.

This is a dinosaur of a processor and the software is so 1980's

Steve

I tested with older twidosoft (version 3.5) program, it allow import symbols, but newer twidosuite program don't 🔨

You can try to upload program from plc with old twidosoft, it maybe is possible if you don't have any special cards used which old program not regonize.

The short answer is no.

You will have to download the program to the controller again. The Twido is a horrible little beast and Schneider are quietly pushing it over to the rubbish pile.

Worst PLC/HMI I have ever programmed! Thank God only had to do once! Not intuitive at all.

It's unbelieveable that a company would produce a new software package with less practical functionality than the one it replaced.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of twidosoft, or is it a purchase only? It appears to be discontinued.

Steve

Uploading with twidosoft probably don't work. There is setting for functional level. (firmware version). On default suite uses biggest available, and soft can use to up 3.5. It won't let upload if level is bigger on PLC.

So probably only method is that you download with twidosuite original program to PLC again. 🔨

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go and see. If I download to processor again the symbols are ok for that online session, but when I go online at another time i'm back to square one with the processor reporting that the program is different and only controller to PC transfer is available which gets rid of the symbols, bloody ridiculous if you ask me.

Steve

It should not be like that. If you download program to plc, on next time you should be able to connect with it with symbol names.

But there is some circumstances for this. Program needs be exactly same which you have downloaded to plc, even saving program at offline can affect to this.
After donwloading program, when you have goed to offline and are closing program, program says that plc program is changed, do you want save. If you save now (you are at offline), on next online connection maybe says that program is different, even that it isn't.

So, I usually do this. Save program only at online before disconnecting/clsoing program, close animation table before saving. If you save program after disconnecting from plc, online connection maybe says on next time, that program is different at PLC.
If you do any online modifications, they must be also backep up to plc. On default they are backed up to memory at disconnecting prosedure, but it can also made with command. (automatic backup let CPU be at run, if you do back up manually, plc needs to be stopped. That is little bit weird o_O)
After backup/disconnecting, I have goed back to online, and hitted save button.
With this way, I have usually managed to go online next time without warning offline/online program are different.

Last edited:
There's a good reason Schneider have discontinued the Twido, as you've discovered.

The new SoMachine software is a little better. The paid version anyway.

Unity and M340 / M580 is the best option, but maybe a bit over-spec for what you need.

few years ago i assist a vendor trouble shooting on TWIDO plc,

if the original software programming using eg. version 123.456.789.AAA

you must use this original software version,

(China version/Euro Version)

if you using others this version you will facing lot of problem.