Micrologix 1200 to PanelView1000e

dkucukar

Hi everyone!

I currently have a micrologix 1200 controller, running RSLogix500, that is used to control a building utility. I'm looking install a status panelview for faults, current state, etc. I have an old Panelview1000e that I salvaged. I'm having trouble figuring out how to communicate between the two and get my tags mapped from the controller to the panelview.

I think I have to use DH+ through the comm port on the Micrologix to the RS232 port on the panelview. I could be wrong about that. Either way I can't seem to figure it out, and I'm spinning myself in circles researching online.

I need to know if I'm on the right track, and if I am, I'd like to know how to map the tags over to the panelview. I'm using panelbuilder 1400e to program the panelview by the way.

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to the forum.

Could you post the exact model number of the panelview, PLC, and panelbuilder software version?

Does it have to be a stand alone HMI? Are there any PC's in the facility that you could run a PC based HMI on?

PLC: Micrologix 1200
CAT: 1762-L24BXBR Ser: C REV: H

Panelview 1000e
CAT: 2711E-T10C6 SER: D REV: E

Panelbuilder 1400e
Version V05.15.00

I'm sure I can find a PC to use, but every other HMI we have is standalone. I'd be open to trying anything though.

The PanelView Enhanced terminals supported only DH+ or RIO runtime communications. The serial port is for a line printer or upload/download and cannot be used for communications with a controller.

I haven't touched one for at least 10 years, and parts and repairs are no longer available except in rare cases where you replace the CTR with a flatscreen on the 1400e.

You could, in theory, use a DH+ to DF1 Serial bridge device to communicate to the MicroLogix.

The original A-B device for that conversion was the 1770-KF2, which has been discontinued for years. Third party equivalent devices retail for about $1400.

I strongly recommend against attempting to use that PanelView 1000e. Get a PV+ or some other dedicated purpose HMI like a Red Lion G3.