S7 PLC Utility App

jwilcoxson

Hi everyone,

I'm working on creating a simple S7 PLC utility application. It currently allows you to upload the program to your PC and save it as a WLD file, and redownload a WLD file, as well as copy RAM to ROM, compress memory and change the PLC run mode.

It's currently in beta, and I thought you guys may have some interest in checking it out and letting me know what you think. Still a long way to go before having a full product, but I am planning on adding in diagnostic buffer information, system status list and whatever else I can think of.

If you could try it out and provide feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

https://tungsten-app.xyz

Currently only works on S7-300/400 with ethernet connections, but I am working on that as well.

PS: Beta software, so don't run it on a program you don't have a backup of.

I don't want to disappoint you and maybe you are already aware of
BuddyForS7 which has been around for many years and the free demo version has full functionality except for the scripts.

CPU tested IM151-8F
I tried with a small project got this error
Fail1.jpg

I tried an even smaller project with only OB1 one FB and one db got this error
Fail2.jpg

Both projects download/upload OK with buddy for s7 and Siemens Step7

Hi Bratt, thanks for the screenshots. I still have some bugs in the download portion I am working out. I am aware of BuddyforS7, and I'm going to be working on features to differentiate.

I don't have it working with PLCSIM, but have information on how to get it working and have added it to my list for future additions.

The screen shots where both from upload from plc to pc! It seems like if you do not have a least one of each types FB,DB,OB,FC you get the failed to list blocks error.

Thanks Bratt, that would likely have been part of the problem. The program only expected to see a max of 4096 bytes coming in on a block, which would have thrown that error. It now supports up to 16KB. I also added a check to see what type of blocks are in the PLC and skip over directory listings for block types that are not in the PLC (hopefully fixing your first issue).

I just uploaded a new build with a simple Data Monitor function that will allow you to see the status of I/Q or M memory in Byte/Word/Double. It doesn't support viewing a single bit, such as I0.0 or Data Blocks, but that is on the list to add in.

https://tungsten-app.xyz/tungsten-0-5-5-68e1-beta-release-2/

It's back up now, I had switched to Cloudflares CDN last night, which didn't go too well.

In the next build I'll update the max block size to 64K.

Plc-->Erase memory gives "Failed to list blocks error"

Prssing connect/disconnect with one block type missing multiplies fc/fbs listed. Meaning fc 1 gets listed more than one time
Hello.jpg

Downloading program to PLC gives "Failed to download block Block insert command refused" error

Trying with a bigger program over 100 blocks your program gets very slow. BuddyForS7 lists blocks in ~1sec your program locks up and takes over 30 sec to list the same amount of blocks

If form is Resized controls does not get resized (Missing anchor setting?).

Thanks Bratt, I will add those items to my bug list.

The reason it is getting slow is that it is uploading the entire block when connecting to the PLC (not just listing the block directory). Maybe I need to rethink that part.