Allen Bradley Ultra 300 control question

chevydyl

I'm using an ultra 3000 for a cnc conversion on a milling machine, I will be using the Step/Dir inputs on the user inputs. My question is what voltage is required at these pins, is it 5v or 24v, the board I will use for PC based motion control can output either voltage requirement. Thanks for the help.

Thanks, I thought they would be, but it also talks about 5v on the cn1 so I just wanted to be sure, thank you so much for clarifying that for me, I'm pretty new to this stuff, so I may have some more stupid questions in the future lol.

The Ultra 3000 provides 5V DC on the CN1 connector to power an auxiliary encoder if necessary, and provices 9V DC and 5V DC on the CN2 connector to power various compatible A-B encoders.

There's also a 5V input for powering up the control board on SERCOS-based versions of the drive, so it can keep the SERCOS loop active even when main power is removed.

But for the digital I/O points, which you would be connecting to for step and direction, the voltage is nominally 24V DC, with a functional range of about 10 to 30 volts.

Thanks ken, the cnc board is a 24v board, however, it only outputs 24v single ended step/Dir signals, so now I am in the process of locating a 24v differential line driver to make the connections