NETDDE not functioning correctly

ControlLogix

Hi guys,

A quick question for people with experience in using NETDDE. I have a NT SP6 box and an W2K with SP2. I have NETDDE running on both PCs and transferring values from Intouch on the W2K machine to an excel spreadsheet on the NT box. Sometimes the communications stops and I only realise this when I notice that the excel sheet is updating. The "fix" at the moment is shutting down and restarting the NETDDE services (Network DDE & Network DDE DSDM) via
Administrative Tools --> Services.

Can anybody give me some information as to how I can resolve this issue? I was going to try SP3 on W2K but I was told that this has being tried to no avail.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Colm

I don't know what version of InTouch you are running but it may not matter. Try running this in the Application "While Running Script"

$StartDdeConversations =1;

This will ensure that InTouch keeps that connection alive.