SLC500/03 download cable

The Rockwell part number is 1747-CP3 if you are trying to use DH485 you may also need a 1747-UIC.

See JPG for CP3 pinout

Hope it helps

1747-CP3 pinout.jpg

It might be the 1747-CP3 that you need the pinout for, but it also might not...

Depending on which port on the SLC 5/03 are you talking about connecting to, which protocol, and whether or not your computer has a serial port can all have a bearing on which cable, cable and serial adapter, or cable and interface converter you might be going to use.

The 1747-CP3, or any RS-232 9-pin to 9-pin null modem cable, is probably the most used to connect to the SLC 5/03 on Channel 0, and is probably what you are referring to, but you could also be using a 1747-UIC with a 1747-C13 RS-485 RJ-45 to RJ-45 cable to connect to Channel 1, which is fixed for the DH-485 Protocol.

Also, if the SLC is already connected to a 1761-NET-AIC then you could even be using a 1761-CBL-PM02 RS-232 9-pin to 8-pin mini-Din cable between your computer and the AIC.

As I said, it is probably just the 1747-CP3 you need the pinout for, but if you could confirm your intended physical download route to the processor then I/we can be sure you're getting the correct information you need.

Regards,
George

I have found USB RS232 adapters to be unreliable, especially when you're in the field & trying to connect to a customers PLC.

What I use is a Moxa Ethernet serial port. Device Manager see's it as a built-in COM port & I have never had any issue with any software not recognizing it. A little more expensive & you need to carry an AC adapter for it - but I find it worth it.

I have found USB RS232 adapters to be unreliable, especially when you're in the field & trying to connect to a customers PLC.

You need to try mine :)

Its all about the chip set used in the device and how well the drivers are wrote, some really cheap are just that cheap and dont work very well, we have sold over 50k USB cables now and we never get complaints (about the cables ;) )

PM me your address and I will send you one to try (free) I am sure you will be happy with the quality and how well it works