PanelView Navigation Bar

jrsnydley

We have an existing PanelView application that utilizes a navigation bar. The navigation bar is a global object containing seven GoTo Display buttons and two momentary (arrow) pushbuttons. The GoTo Display buttons are set up as different positions in the object explorer window. In each position there are actually thirteen different GoTo Display buttons piled on top of each other.

In the logic for the PLC, it looks like everytime one of the arrow buttons is pressed it moves a value which is somehow correlated to the GoTo Display buttons into each position. For example, I press the right arrow once and it moves a value of 1 into each position. In position one, a value of 1 displays the Selectors GoTo Display button; in position two, a value of 1 displays the Configuration GoTo Display button and so on.

I had to add a new display which I want to be able to access from the navigation bar. I already created a GoTo Display button for it and added one to each position in the object explorer for the navigation bar. What I am wondering is how to I set up the position value so that I can get it to pop up when the arrow buttons are pressed? I know very little about developing HMI applications so if anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

The value that is changing in the PLC is probably the Global Tag called Display number (or something similar working from memory). Right click on an empty space (In FCTME Studio) on one of the displays and look at the properties for a display number. When you create a new display, that field is blank by default. You need to assign a unique value to that field for your new display.

How the buttons which are stacked on top of each other are made visible can be determined by looking at the Animation of each of them. I really dislike that method of making objects. Sometimes it is the only way, but makes future editing a pain. I like to try to use multistate objects where the state contains the different text and colors for each appearance. That method makes future editing much simpler but does not always work for the intended usage.

I have it set up now so that the display has a number but something in the logic is preventing me from reaching that number. I also noticed that certain numbers are skipped over because we don't want to display those GoTo Display buttons. I am not sure how it is working at the moment. I am trying to dig a little deeper and figure it out

It sounds like they may be using a GRT in the program to "wrap" back to the first screen (just guessing). So if you had 10 screens, and you are on the 10th screen, you would have a greater than that would move a zero or 1 back into the display # when you are greater than 10. If that's the case, you would change the greater than to 11, and make your new screen 11. in your case of skipping over screens, they may use an EQU and then move another screen number into the "display #" tag.

That was the first thing I thought of as well but there are no comparison statements anywhere in the routine they created for the navigation bar. I am stumped

I never really use that function of the HMI but if your positive it's not in the PLC, it could possibly be in an HMI macro or script? Maybe use the "find" tool in FTV to see where the display tag is used?

Aha! They are using the value of a counter to choose which button will be displayed in an array called Buttons_Enable. So the logic reads Buttons_Enable[Counter_1]