UIC-1747 Converter not connecting to PLC

ellemay

Hello all,
I have been trying to connect a UIC-1747 converter to a SLC 501 processor using the 1747-C13 cable and have no luck. Unfortunately Allen Bradley engineers could not figure out the problem neither.
After downloading UIC driver and having solid LED indicator on for USB power and having the USB LED and 485 LED flashing indicating transfer of data, I still could not get the PLC processor to show up on RSLinx. I tried using DF1 driver and UIC driver in RSLinx and neither worked. I tried all instructions from UIC-1747 manual and from Allen Bradley engineers and still no luck getting PLC processor to show up in RSwho eventhough all indicator lights on UIC-1747 indicate everything is working. Also tried different comm ports on PC, rebooted PC and RSlinx, and made sure com port was active on PC's device manager. Could this have something to do with using Windows 7 operating software? or maybe a bad 1747-C13 cable. The cable is new so I didn't think that was it but you never know.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou

you need to install the Windows USB driver
then find the com port that the UIC is on
then configure RSLinx driver to use that port
if you plug the uic in to a different usb port it will have a different com port assigned

Thank you for the replies. I did try the manual browse and did install the USB driver on PC. I also made sure the driver and com port appeared on the device manager of PC. Still no luck.
Thank you.

I think we need to examine the possibility that your SLC's per could be defective. Do you have another PLC that you could try it on?

How is that possible, a SLC5/01 does not have a serial port.

1747-PIC ? maybe they are using a PIC and out of that is the serial (RS232) (just a wag)

If you can connect to the CPU using a PIC and not the UIC then check your baud rate

Sorry, I meant I was able to connect to other plc processors that do have a serial connection.
Yes, the SLC501 only has the RJ45 connection on processor which I am having the problems with. I have the Allen Bradley UIC-1747 convertor and cable 1747-C13 which connects to the PLC but they are not communicating.
It may be a bad processor which I am checking into.
Do you think using RSlinx lite rather than RSlinx classic may have something to do with it?
Thank you.

Do you think using RSlinx lite rather than RSlinx classic may have something to do with it?

No, I use RSLinx lite 99% of the time, any chance you have a off line copy of the program? you can check the baud rate in the program to see if that is your issue

Do you have the offline program for your SLC5/01?

If so check its baud rate, it must be at 19200.