Maple Systems HMI5043T

RT1234

Hi All,

I need to change the IP address in a Maple Systems HMI to put it on a SCADA network. I know how to change it on the HMI itself through the System Setting.

My question is.. To change the IP address of the PLC in the project, can I use the EZWarePlus "Demo" version or do I need to spend $75 and buy the full version software?

Thanks
Robert

The "demo" version does not include the drivers to communicate with a PLC. I suspect that if you were to compile the project with a demo version it would not communicate to the PLC at all.
You could contact Maple Systems tech support. They are usually very helpful.

@mendonsy
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that might be the case. I guess a call to tech support is my next step. Thanks again

The "demo" version does not include the drivers to communicate with a PLC. I suspect that if you were to compile the project with a demo version it would not communicate to the PLC at all.
You could contact Maple Systems tech support. They are usually very helpful.

Are they charging for the EZware now? The last project I did using a Maple Systems HMI was about a year ago and the software was free, as well as Tech Support. Seems to me the service techs name was David, that helped me.

I don't recall it ever being free other than the demo version. The 5043T requires EZWare (old version), not EZWare Plus (new version). Both of the versions are included on that CD.
However ..... there was a time when you could download the Weintek version of the software for free. I'm not sure if that is still available or not.

*UPDATE*

I have a little more info. It turns out the HMI is communicating through the serial port to a DL06 PLC. I think I can change the IP address through the "System Settings" and it will not affect the serial comms to the PLC. (Since I'm not changing anything in the project, just the HMI terminal)Then I will be able to pull data to the SCADA system via ethernet. Does this sound correct??