use profibus to communicate protool/pro on desktop pc

kklau

I have a project use protool/pro on desktop pc to monitor ti555 data connect by profibus,I can't find the pc online in profibus program,what should i do?thx

Hello kklau;
Ther setup of communications between ProTool/Pro and the PLC is configured in ProtTool/Pro, in the PLC section of the project. The PC that ProTool/Pro is installed on requires a Profibus comm card with adequate software licensing.
Simply open the PLC folder, select TI555 as the type of PLC, thec check for Profibus connection and choose an available Profibus address for the ProTool/Pro station. Verify that the bus parameters are correct (especially speed).
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
thx your reply :)
I use com-profibus (software) to configure each i/o rack address and PC(protool/pro),then i convert this file to binary and merge it to softshop (siemens software), can I see the PC online at profibus i/o configure page,Thx a lot

Hello kkalu;
No, ComProfibus is only used to configure Profibus slaves, and import them to the Profibus Master (the TI555 in this case). ProTool/Pro is not a Profibus slave; it is a Master class 2; as such, there is no Profibus configuration to be done.
As I said before, Profibus connection is established through the PLC section of the ProTool project.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thx a lot,can I connect the desktop PC (protool/pro) in series of the profibus slave or I should run a individual profibus cable to connect the TI555 with the desktop pc

Hello kklau;
Simply daisy-chain the ProTool/Pro station to the bus (connect it in series). Just make sure that the first and last modules on the bus have the terminating resistor ON.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thx,I have finished the wiring and assignment of the profibus address and speed for the protool/pro,I still can't connect to the TI555,then I look for the help menu,it tell me to write a plc program(ladder) to handle the driver of profibus DP,tell me what is it and what should I do if I use APT to do the programming previously

Hello kklau;

I am sorry that the information I gave you seems to be insufficient. My memories of working with TI545 PLCs seems to be inadequate. Here is a link to a manual named SIMATIC HMI Communication for Windows-based Systems, in which chapters 13 and 14 are dedicated to communicating between ProTool and TI545/555 CPUs over Profibus. They do mention that you must use ComProfibus to integrate a GSD file for \proTool; you were right there.

Look at Siemens support webpage (www4.ad.siemens.de)m click on Product support, and do a search on 1405528 (the ID number of the manual) or directly on the manual name.
SDorry again for not having checked the details before contacting you.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

thanks again!I still not understand well.would u mind tell me more detail ,I forgot to tell you the exist system is 1) TI555 connect to 10 nos of ET200M I/O rack,2)the desktop which install the protool/pro is using the profibus bus interface card CP5611 connect the exist profibus