what is right plc

midun_abe

Hi all ,

I am a student working on my first PLC project . My project is to automate a mobile water purifier .the water purifier consist of 2 tanks.One tank serves as the resrvior and other for storing pure water . the water is purified by ozone generated from an ozone generator . Hence water is pumped from the reservior using a pump , this water is mixed with ozone and mixed well using an ozone pump and then to tank 2 . the water from tank2 is obtained as output through a filter .

I have to use 3 sensors . Flow sensor , ph sensor and a dissolved oxygen content sensor .

I am planning to control the flow by using an electronic control valve .

so i have 3 analog inputs and an analog output . Inaddition i have to set up an HMI as well . Which allen bradley plc is the one that i should use ??

Hi all ,

I am a student working on my first PLC project . My project is to automate a mobile water purifier .the water purifier consist of 2 tanks.One tank serves as the resrvior and other for storing pure water . the water is purified by ozone generated from an ozone generator . Hence water is pumped from the reservior using a pump , this water is mixed with ozone and mixed well using an ozone pump and then to tank 2 . the water from tank2 is obtained as output through a filter .

I have to use 3 sensors . Flow sensor , ph sensor and a dissolved oxygen content sensor .

I am planning to control the flow by using an electronic control valve .

so i have 3 analog inputs and an analog output . Inaddition i have to set up an HMI as well . Which allen bradley plc is the one that i should use ??

The one that does the job at a price you can afford. Almost any PLC can do what you described and does not have to be Allen Bradley.

You need to determince if your sensors are voltage or current inputs and outputs and what range they are to make your selection. Also consider the voltage type and level of any digital I/O when selecting your PLC.

Since this is mobile project, your power source is likely to be a significant parameter in the decision. Will the unit be battery powered? What is the supply voltage?

This one with add on analog card and power supply would cost you about $300:
http://www.automationdirect.com/adc..._(Stackable_Micro_Brick)/PLC_Units/C0-01DD2-D
http://www.automationdirect.com/adc...ackable_Micro_Brick)/Analog_I-z-O/C0-4AD2DA-1
http://www.automationdirect.com/adc...ackable_Micro_Brick)/Analog_I-z-O/C0-4AD2DA-1

If you don't have AC power available, you will have to probably spend a little more to get the available power source to produce 24vdc to supply the controller.
The Click is remarkably powerful for its size and cost and the software is free.

If you want Allen-Bradley, you may look into the Micro 800 series. I have not used them yet, but they also use free software and are cost competitive with the Click.

PLC project

Hi sir

My college wants me to use Allen Bradley that is the sole reason why I am going for that particular brand and they will pay for all the equipment .

There is a reservoir pump and ozone generator both of them work on 110 Vac .
Is there any way to control the process other than using a control valve like using an AC drive .
Process is to supply enough oxygen according to the flow of water .

Last edited:
vfd

I am planning to plug the motor and generator to the wall socket . As i am in Canada the outlet is 110 v 60 hz
Also my motor is grundfos jpf 2A .. As it is single phase can i use a single phase vfd .
Also if possible can vfd control all ac machines ? like for instance the single phase ozone generator (115v 15 amps )