Communication issue between micrologix1400 & laptop via 1761-net-AIC

najjarali

Hello,

We have a big problem of connexion between laptop & the micrologix 1400:
we have this installed connexion below:
Please See picture 1
In the RSlinx we were configure a DF1 RS232 and all times after clic on auto configuration a failed communication message; check cables and configuration and try again:banghead.
I Verified cables it's good (lenght <1m) !
Could You please help us.

1.jpg

Last edited:
How is the port on your ML1400 configured?

Is there anything else on the RS485 network?

I'm not sure autoconfigure will work across a RS485 network ( never tried it), have you tried to configure RSLinx manually to match how the ML1400's serial port is configured?

Hi

I see you are using a cp 3 cable does this mean you have a serial port on the pc
You could try to connect straight to the serial port with a micro logic cable just to prove your pc is ok
What version if windows are you using

Donnchadh

If the controller and PC are connected using NET-AIC modules, it's likely that the controller serial port is configured for DH485 protocol, not DF1.

In the DH485 protocol, there is no "Autoconfigure" button.

I agree that many USB converters will also fail this feature when using DF1 protocol.

Autoconfigure is convenient but not necessary. You can just set the RSLinx driver for the correct settings (most of them are defaults) and go online with the controller.