Data Logging Setup

PortmanBlue

Hi, I have a simple application which involves monitoring equipment voltage and current, logging this data and displaying the data as a trend. The data is to be retained for an amount of time, possibly months, to allow the trends to be reviewed. The data will need to be accessed remotely by 2-3 people via their PC.

To achieve this I was planning on using a Micro850 PLC with analogue input modules along with a C400 PanelView Component with a USB drive for data storage and FactoryTalk View SE to allow remote viewing of past and present data.

My query is if this would be a suitable setup for this application? My experience with data logging is limited so any input or alternatives would be appreciated.

AdvancedHMI is a zero cost option. It has a driver for the Micro850, a basic data logger, and a trending chart component (ChartBySampling)

I have done this with a Mitsi PLC and Bejers E1043 HMI.
Has USB, Networking, Trending. A webserver and more.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I will certainly look into these options.

I should mention that the only reason I was including the PanelView Component was to allow data logging, I've since become aware that an alternative to the PanelView Component and FactoryTalk View SE such as a Red Lion Data Station Plus with web server would be more suitable in terms of cost and application. Remote access through a website as suggested would also possibly be easier and less expensive than FactoryTalk View SE.