Need help

gmultani52

Hi,
I need help to conect laptop to slc 5/05 and know about the flopy I got.

how I can configure my laptop to slc 5/05 already runing a programm and conected to a computer. following data I got.

Brodcast address, Hand, IP adress, Sub net Mask, gate way adress.

above data i got from a flopy I got from my work place garbage. At home when i was on internet, I thought to see what is there in the flopy. movement i open it, to my surprise complete info of program in plc proccessor, ladder diagram appear on my laptop. when I try to save it in my laptop some window appear and was not able to save. I try again to open but it was not readable.(My laptop is loaded with RSlogix500 and Linx)

How is that again???

If the floppy disk contains a valid RSLogix program, then you can copy it to your laptop, and then open it using the RSLogix program in "program mode".

To go online with an existing program, you need RSLinx set up to read the right communication ports. If you get RSLinx to comunicate with the PLC, then you will be able to access it with RSLogix, if you have the same or later version of RSLogix with which the program was originally written with. You will be able to see the comments and descriptions only if you have a copy of the original program database.

Better quit while you are a-head.

A flopPy in the hand is worth how many in the garbage, eh?