Mitsubishi programming cables

amberman

I'm shortly off into the relative unknown to commission a machine of ours with a Mitsubishi Q series PLC. I joined the company after it was shipped and no one here knows much about it. I've had a good dig around the software so my only real fear is arriving on site with no means to communicate with the PLC/HMI. UK Mitsi support have told me all I'll need is a USB cable with a square printer style connector but I thought I'd get a second opinion.

The kit installed is:

E1101 HMI
Q03UDCPU CPU

We also have QJ1E71-100 Ethernet module and QJ71MT91 Modbus module - hopefully these only need standard ethernet cables??

Any help appreciated.

amberman

USB is OK, but make sure you have the USB driver installed.

Ethernet will work as well if you know the addresses and a TCP port is available.

I'm shortly off into the relative unknown to commission a machine of ours with a Mitsubishi Q series PLC. I joined the company after it was shipped and no one here knows much about it. I've had a good dig around the software so my only real fear is arriving on site with no means to communicate with the PLC/HMI. UK Mitsi support have told me all I'll need is a USB cable with a square printer style connector but I thought I'd get a second opinion.

The kit installed is:

E1101 HMI
Q03UDCPU CPU

We also have QJ1E71-100 Ethernet module and QJ71MT91 Modbus module - hopefully these only need standard ethernet cables??
Any help appreciated.

I know you can use a regular USB to mini USB standard cable and there will be a port for it on the front of the Q03UD. Also the Ethernet modules do use standard Ethernet cables.

Hope this helps,
Dave

OK thanks gents I'll take another USB cable then. Seems hard to find the manual for this CPU on the Mitsubishi website.