trouble connecting to C-H D32LT

Levi G

Hi I would like help connecting to a D32LT plc . I keep getting a message saying that there is an error with the WINDRIVER. I am using a usb to serial converter cable.

This is a very old plc. Do you not have an old computer with a real serial port. Many plcs won't work with the usb to serial converter. If you have a cable specifically for usb to serial for this plc then I would recommend at least a computer with WindowsXP.

I don't know the answer,sorry. I don't know which adapter you are using but I have used a Keyspan 19HS adapter same as in the link below on Rockwell (AB) plcs with some success. Maybe you can get and try one. Just guessing here but the driver you need may be unique and included in the installation software package.
Link:
http://www.tripplite.com/high-speed-usb-to-serial-adapter-keyspan~USA19HS/

Here is another link that might prove useful:
http://www.foxautomation.com/wingpc/

Edit:
Just an observation and a guess but that program installation files look very similar to Win98 installation files. Maybe you will have to use a computer with Win98 on it.

Last edited:
@Levi G,
I'm just curious, what did you finally use to get communication? Did it take an old computer and early Windows software?

I went and Bought an old computer with Windows 98 on it, and there was no problem. It says in the software that WINGPC is designed only for Windows 95,98, and Windows NT.