"MAG" Servo Motion Issue

fei

Hi Folks:
I am trying to understand the MAG Function" Motion Axis Gear", But there is a confusion where give me lots of issue to understand it

I review two different logic for MAG function, I saw most of people put 1 to the "slave Counts" and "Master Counts". Recently, I found a logic that enter 81920 into "slave counts" and 200000 into "Master Counts". I can't understand what is it means.

Is anybody can explain to me what is the meaning of you enter 81920 into slave counts and 200000 into the master counts?

Thank you very much

The MAG instruction is essentially a way to match one axis speed to another according to a ratio.

When you enter a 1:1 ratio, the Slave axis runs at exactly the same speed as the Master axis.

A ratio like 81920:200000 is just the way that the programmer expressed the ratio between the Master axis speed and the Slave axis speed.

It could also be expressed as 8192:20000, or 4096:10000 or 2048:5000 or 1024:2500 or 512:1250 or 256:625.

Hello Ken:
A ration Like 81920:200000 it actually means the Fraction Ration between Slave and master is 1:2.44. If my master is running at 1000rpm then my slave is only running at 409 rpm?

I thought MAG is the function to synchronize the speed only........(My mistake)

The folk enter 81920 in the slave counts and 200000 in the master counts, are those random number? or he found it from the servo configuration?

Thanks

A ratio of 1:1 doesn't necessarily means the axes will run the same speed. All it means is that for every 200000 master position counts the slave axis will be commanded to move 81920 position counts. You may need to consider any gear ratios or axis diameters or feed constants that may or may not be configured in the system to really know how far one axis will go relative to another. You can probably check some of this in the axis configuration.

The 200000 is a little bit of a telling number in that it is the default value for the number of drive counts per motor revolution. Whoever determined the master:slave ratio probably started with that number as the master basis and simply calculated the slave counts relative to that number.

Keith

Keith:
Do you have email? I want to send you the scratch pic of a piece of logic where confuse me a lot.

It combines MAG and MAPC Logic together.
For my understanding, The Servo 1 has to be synchronize to the servo 2. I don't understand why the folk do this way....

In General, I will make the Slave Count =1 and same as the master count to synchronize the slave per master unit.

But this folk setting a ration like 81900:200000 then He use a MAPC function, He put 81900 into the slave scale, and 200000 into the master scale, Then he set the master lock position to 5... the offset is 0

I check the manual, It says the slave unit will synchronize to the master when it reached the lock position.

I don't understand what is the different between this logic and you directly set 1 to master and slave counts without using MAPC logic

Thanks

The 200000 is a little bit of a telling number in that it is the default value for the number of drive counts per motor revolution.
81920 is also a telling number and may point to a motor with 8192 counts position feedback (a 13-bit encoder, like some older Yaskawa servomotors) connected to a 10:1 gearhead.