Siemens - Changing Starting Bit Of Byte Of DI

hein123

Hi

Just have a quick question, I am updating HW config of a system which uses a few DI / RO and AI inside with an ET200S.

Card one uses byte 48.0 - 48,3
Card two uses byte 48.4 - 48.7
How do I add a DI and use the start address as 48.4?

The problem I am having is that I have to add a AO module. When I try to download the hardware the entire rack is not working. But when I added a new ET200s with only a PM and this card the system is working.

All way I can think of is to change the .cfg file but then in the future when somebody wants to add more cards, they would have the same problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Not sure that I fully understand your question or the exact problem, but if you want to start a new input/output module address in the middle of a byte, go to the hardware configuration, select the modules whose addresses you want to have share the byte, then right click and select "group addresses" or something like that (i can't remember the exact terminology). I'm not sure if this only works with modules that are physically adjacent to each other, but thats easy enough to do if you're modifying the device itself. Just swap the modules around as necessary. This is how you do it in TIA Portal.

Can you tell us more about your hardware?
Are you using dedicated profibus?
TIA or Simatic Manager?

I don't think you can start adressing a new module in the middle of a byte. Why would you want to do that, please explain?

the cfg files contains two profinet devices used.

When I added the 2AO I HF card to device (32), the entire module gave a fault. I think it was something like missing device 44. I tried putting in PM module but did the same and removed the 2/4 AI cards but still the same.

All how I got it to work was by adding a new ET200s with a PM and just a 2AO card - device (35)

All that I could think of is that maybe the device (32) is somehow corrupt as I have never experienced such a fault before.
I wanted to build a new device (32) but got stuck on not knowing how to share bytes between two cards.
I am using Simantic Manager v5.5

It is "Pack Addresses" if you want to squeeze many similar modules into as few bytes as possible. Packing addresses must start on bit .0 ! And only works with digital cards with 4 or less digital channels.

Analog output cards typically uses 2 bytes per channel, and ET200S analog modules typically have 2 channels so that is 4 bytes. So one card would start at byte 256 for example, and the next card can start at byte 260.
In the user program, the 4 analog output channels would be PQW256, PQW258, PQW260 and PQW262.

So it is not clear what you actually want to do by sharing bytes between analog cards.

It is "Pack Addresses" if you want to squeeze many similar modules into as few bytes as possible. Packing addresses must start on bit .0 ! And only works with digital cards with 4 or less digital channels.

Analog output cards typically uses 2 bytes per channel, and ET200S analog modules typically have 2 channels so that is 4 bytes. So one card would start at byte 256 for example, and the next card can start at byte 260.
In the user program, the 4 analog output channels would be PQW256, PQW258, PQW260 and PQW262.

So it is not clear what you actually want to do by sharing bytes between analog cards.

I just want to share bytes between the 4DI and 2DO cards, just like it is done on device 32. I don't want to share Analog cards.

But thanks, I have found the 'Pack Addresses' button, it was hiding from me :)

But it stil not explain why the AO card does want to work ??

But just another question. Were could I find documentation on the cfg file, I would like a description on all the functions if availible.

The cards that have to pack bytes must be of similar type.
What you have seen for DI and DO cards are not packed bytes. You can choose the same byte address for DI and DO cards because the input image and the output image are separate.

Regarding your AO troubles, please describe what you want to achieve, what you have done so far.

What is currently in: (Device 32)

ET200S (151-3BA23-0AB0) V7.0
1 x PM (138-4CB11-0AB0)
19 x 4DI HF (131-4BD01-0AB0)
1 x PM (138-4CB11-0AB0)
4 x 2DO HF (132-4BB01-0AB0)
1 x PM (138-4CB11-0AB0)
4 x 2DO HF (132-4BB01-0AB0)
1 x PM (138-4CB11-0AB0)
7 x 2DO HF (132-4BB01-0AB0)
1 x PM (138-4CB11-0AB0)
4 x 2/4 AI ST (134-4JB51-0AB0)

When I added the AO card (135-4MB02-0AB0), the ET200S gives a fault saying that hte last device is missing.
It did the same when I added the PM card before the AO card.

However when I added a new ET200S with only a PM and the AO card, the system is happy.

This is the main problem I had.

I wanted to try to rebuild original ET200S thinking it is somehow corrupt. The DI and DO cards used Pack Adressing which I was unsure to use, that was my original question.

But if some cards cant work together on one ET200S, please any advice would be great.

Not sure what the problem can be.

When you add the PM and AO to the existing rack, check the HW Configuration online view. Post a screenshot of that.
The problem may be in the terminal block. Try to use another TM block.
Also, do you install the terminator properly at the end of the rack ?