Wonderware intouch connnect to GE S90-30

elison123

Hello everyone:

I am newbie for INTOUCH, but now I face a big problem.

Now INTOUCH need connect to GE PLC S90-30, redundancy two which is MASTER PLC (name PLC 1) and another is SLAVE PLC(PLC 2). Both PLCs have 2 same tags named PLCMAIN and PLCSTANDBY. So I can know who is current master one. PLCs will switch themselves. There are few conditions I need cover as below:

- all connection healthy, If 2 PLCs switch, PLCMAIN and PLCSTANDBY value changed, My INTOUCH change topic name to get data from current master via the tag value.(tags of both PLCs SYNCHRONIZE)

- all connection okay, PLCMAIN and PLCSLAVE value not synchronize (maybe redundancy fail or PLC freeze etc...)

- connection fail then INTOUCH switch topic (whatever another one is master or slave)

How can I DO ? write script to handle it ?

thank you very much !

You will have problems with duplicate tagnames (PLCMAIN and PLCSTANDBY)
Can you rename tags to PLCMAIN1 / PLCStandby1 for Master PLC and PLCMAIN2 / PLCStandby2 for Slave PLC.
The use script to synchronize data between the tags?

Thanks for your replying.

yes I face the problem such as I can't monitor both plc's plcmain and plcstandby at same time. So I create 2 more topic and 2 more access name , also created 4 new tags such as MAIN_PLC_PLCMAIN_VALUE.....STANDBY_PLC_PLCSTANDBY_VALUE. these 4 tags' value never change, I can always read plcmain and plcstandby value from individual plc except connection down. I also use 5 tags to monitoring every connection status of 3 access name and 4 topics .

How can I use 1 condition , and write the script to cover all possible situation. like when connection okay, when connection down(maybe access to IO SERVER,maybe IO SERVER to PLC etc..)

thanks