Changing string display with VBA

xwei1031

Hello Guys,

I am new with VBA and am not very familiar with how to change the string display through VBA.

Right now, I am trying to make the string display function show a string variable from another function in VBA. Is there a function that I could call to display such variable?

Edit: The product I am using is Factory Talk View SE

Thanks

Last edited:
Place some text on the display, and call it "VBA_Text" (or anything else you want). Just make the text ??? or something.

In your VBA, the command is Elements.Item("VBA_Text").Caption = "Whatever the hell you want"

Just remember that the VBA is event driven, not cyclic like a PLC, so you'll have to work out how you trigger this command. The easiest way is to do it on display animation start, but it depends on your application as to whether that'll work for you or not.