PV1000 with a small and medium PLC

Martindag

Hiya,

I was wondering if you could with a panelview 1000 on (Rsview studio) communicate with a micrologix 1400 on Rslogix 500 ( like on page 1 on the HMI) and the page 2 on a other PLC like a contrologix on Rslogix 5000 ?

I know that we can do multiple PLC for 1 or more HMI all together but can you do it with the PLC dont use the same programming software and are different?.

Thanks !

GOOOOOOD question, I had to dig a bit and If you can do this, both processors would have to have the same communication protocol (Ethernet, DH+, DF1) Then I set the communications in the Panelview to look at both processors. Care taken to tag the graphics properly and I do believe that would work. I looked it up and there is a stumbling block, you can use a 1761-NET-ENI that connects to the PLC and convert to Ethernet, problem is it is slow and I believe you can have 3 connections max, so PLC 1, PLC 2 & HMI 3. you just nixed your programmability unless you can connect to your 5000 processor and ride that Ethernet connection in or just disconnect it of you need to program the Micro 1400. I found this out a while back so experimenting is the key! Good Luck

Right now i have already a PLC contrlogix working for a system with a panelview 1000, what i want is to modify the HMI with more pages that would also control a other system with a micrologix 1400

Everything would be Ethernet for the control.

Last edited:
The standard PanelView+, PanelView+6, Panelview+7 Performance can talk to multiple processors. The Panelview+ Compact and new Panelview+ 7 Standard are limited to 1 communcation with 1 processor only.

Helliana, thanks for that concise summary of which PanelView Plus terminals have the single-processor limitation.