Citect function debugging

atomtm

Hello everyone ! Is there a way I can monitor what functions are used when a project starts ? For example could I print a message whenever a function is accessed ?

Thank you in advance!

Are you familiar with kernel debugging in Citect? You can enter the kernel of the Citect process and run a 'Page Table Cicode' command to see what Cicode threads are currently running. This will help you find any periodic functions such as events that are initiated on startup.

Also, the Cicode Editor has a built-in debugger you can enable. You can add breakpoints to whatever line of Cicode you want and enable Cicode Debugging in the top menu. You can use that to step through any code that triggers a breakpoint. Your messaging suggestion also works as well, as Cicode also has the DebugMsg function which prints messages to the kernel and the Message function which displays a message in the runtime.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your response.so in the kernel should I input Page Table Cicode?This gives me only PageFg while project is running.Is there anything else I should enter?

Last edited:
That just means no cicode functions are currently running or waiting to run at the moment you entered that command.

Is there any particular reason why you need to know what Cicode functions are running on project startup? If you're just trying to debug a particular project, it'd probably be much easier to just analyze the project files to see what events or startup functions are configured. The Citect.ini file should have all that information.

Do you have the Citect project backup in a .ctz format? I'm not 100% certain, but I think .ctz backups also include the citect.ini file as well as the actual project files. If you rename the extension to .zip and manually unzip it, you might find the citect.ini file there.

Otherwise, you should consider getting a backup of it somehow. Citect.ini files contain a lot of useful configuration information that will probably answer most of your questions. If there are startup functions defined in the Citect.ini file, you probably won't find that out just from looking at the Citect project unless the Cicode is sufficiently commented.

Last edited:
The citect.ini was indeed in the ctz . That is nice ! However if I try to replace the file in C:\Windows and start the project I get an error indicating that I may have a corrupted .ini file . So I guess I just have to inspect the .ini file and find required information.
Any hints for finding what functions are running on startup ?

Thank you !