Operating a 57600 baud positioner

Bill Kelley

I am trying to bid a job where the customer has a punch press that is fired by analog outputs,but is adding a Tiger Stop positioning system. He wants to combine the 2 with a HMI. The Tiger Stop can be run in windows Hyper Terminal by pressing G then the position.How would i put this in a rung? I am looking to use Automation Direct's C-more HMI and their Do-More PLC.I will need to fire the punch press through an analog output, then send a signal to the Tiger Stop to move to next position,then fire the punch again. Baud rate on the Tiger is 57600.

Unless that press rotates very slow or is hydraulic and very slow moving, I would not touch it with an analog 'doo-hicky' at 57.6k baud.
FWIW, I'd change to a proper encoder or no-quote.

It is a curious punch press that is fired by an analog output!

Why would it be analog?

You could probably talk to the Tiger stop positioning system at 57.6K but then that would need to be determined by looking at the AD components. Does the AD system have a serial output that can talk 57.6K?

I would get an H2-SERIO-4 and send ASCII serial strings to the TigerStop. With any luck it will eply with a string when it is done moving that you can use to decide when the press should activate.

Keith