Siemens S7-200 Smart Communication / Ethernet

cjthemack

Hi I have an S7-200 smart PLC

Im trying to connect through the Ethernet port but to no avail, everytime I go to set it up in the PG/PC config any combination is no good

I found the IP address in the TIA portal program and I made sure my number is part of the domain when I create the network connection, furthermore the data is sending and receiving bits.

I have a PPI lead on the way but Id rather talk through the Ethernet anyway

I know the port works as well as its currently talking to a small HMI panel.

When I ring siemens they say the s7-200 smart is an Indian product and wont help me, Im hoping someone here can assist,

Hi,

You mention TIA, how is that part of the equation?

When you connect to the PLC with ethernet, can you ping the PLC?

Yeah it pings no problem

Im not a siemens pro
All im saying is when I try to connect through micro win it wont find it when I select the Ethernet driver

In the PG / PC section

I make sure my ip for the computer is assigned in the same domain eg

me = 192.168.1.42
S7-200 = 192.168.1.40

Im thinking its a driver problem, just they all loaded good so im not 100% and siemens support is terrible all they say is its an indian processor.
call india they say your not from india wont help you

even tried my bet vindaloo voice no good

I went into the TIA online section and it finds it no problem
knows its IP the lot, just cant get micro win to work with it