ADAM-4024 and ADAM-4520 Module power supply

arran

Hi,

Just a quick question, does anyone know if the ADAM-4024 and ADAM-4520 modules are able to take 24VDC power supply without the need of it being unregulated.

When the module was ordered there was no mention of it needing unregulated, but a friend of mine said it requires unregulated is this true?

Thank you for the help in advance

I always use regulated power supplies for the Adam 4000 family.

What could be the reason to use only unregulated power supplies??

All I need is to power the ADAM-4024 and ADAM-4520 model, if you say you use regulated power than I assume it fine to use it for this as well.

The datasheet for the 4000-series is http://e-oktat.pmmf.hu/webgui/www/uploads/1016/ADAM-4000.pdf

I was having a look at this it mentioned about 24VDC unregulated and than it said it can accept any power between +10 to +30 VDC does this mean that the supply voltage doesn't have to be regulated?

You can type unregulated in the find box to go to the section where it mentions what I have explained above.

I normally feed my Adam modules from a switchmode power supply or off batteries and a battery charger and have never had an issue.