Upgrading SLC 5/03 with SLC 5/05 Help with UniOp HMI

Button Masher

Hi All, we have a UniOp HMI ER-25T-0021-F display currently connected to a Allen Bradley SLC 5/03. We are using the DH485 port on the SLC to communicate with the HMI. We are adding to our system and need to communicate with the PLC via ethernet and will be upgrading the processor to a SLC 5/05. Problem is there is a ethernet port for our plant wide comms to the PLC and an RS232 Serial port to communicate to the HMI. Is there an adapter out there that will allow us to convert the RS232 Serial from the PLC to the DH485 on the cable to the HMI without having to change anything in the coding?

Similar Topics

I'm quoting a big line upgrade that currently has a L55 and 7 SLC 5/01 processors, all of which are islands. I plan to change to an L71S and my...
Replies
Views
I am upgrading SLC5/01 to SLC 5/04. The process is simple and the PLC rack has only 3 input and 3 out put cards. Do I need to consider any thing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am upgrading a Wonderware SCADA form version 9.5 to version 23. I am able to migrate all the graphic, but when to activate the runtime this...
Replies
Views
We are in the process of upgrading a controls system. The existing system is a SLC500 with some IO cards and a 1747-SDN module communicating to a...
Replies
Views
I am looking to upgrade some of our old Servo Drives to the newer kinetix 5700 style. currently we have 4 1394 axis that are all driven by 5kw...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom