RSLogix5000 Registration Move

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. I would like to know if it is possible to move my RSLogix5000 from one laptop to another, without going through Rockwell Software? I have tried getting in contact with them all morning but they must be having website issues. I am able to access internet however, the Rockwell site won't even allow me to logon. Thanks

EVRSI or Factorytalk activation?
For EVRSI, download the EVMOVECF.EXE utility from Rockwell.
For factory talk, just return the activation to rehost it.

I tried using Return Activations however, there are no registrations to choose from. I looked at "Borrow Activations" but that will not help. I am afraid to try the "Rehost Activations" as I don't want to mess up the current registration, before moving it to the new laptop.o_O

Yes, you have to rehost them.
And you need the original serial # and product key for that.
If you lose them, just call Rockwell up, and explain. They are pretty good at resetting the activations if you have an issue. Free call, Tech-Connect not needed.

Return is to check back in activations that have been logged out, and didn't get returned properly (usually due to a program crash).

Yes, you have to rehost them.
And you need the original serial # and product key for that.
If you lose them, just call Rockwell up, and explain. They are pretty good at resetting the activations if you have an issue. Free call, Tech-Connect not needed.

Return is to check back in activations that have been logged out, and didn't get returned properly (usually due to a program crash).

Thank you. Rockwell has been having server issues all day, that's why I haven't been able to get this done. (y)

I re-host my activation's almost every week. Laptop to desktop and back again. Trust me I wish I had a dongle.

Open Activation manager. Choose the license you want to re-host, then click "Rehost Activation" Close the browser. That will take the license off that computer

Open Activation Manager on the computer you want to activate your license on. Then click "Get New Activation's" You will need the original serial number and product key, then enter as requested. your now hosted on that computer

Only hitch is after six re-host's you HAVE to get Rockwell to initialize you license again, then do it six more times. I still don't understand that one.

Hope this works for you

I re-host my activation's almost every week. Laptop to desktop and back again. Trust me I wish I had a dongle.

Open Activation manager. Choose the license you want to re-host, then click "Rehost Activation" Close the browser. That will take the license off that computer

Open Activation Manager on the computer you want to activate your license on. Then click "Get New Activation's" You will need the original serial number and product key, then enter as requested. your now hosted on that computer

Only hitch is after six re-host's you HAVE to get Rockwell to initialize you license again, then do it six more times. I still don't understand that one.

Hope this works for you

Thanks for that info. Re-hosting also requires Rockwell Support, at least mine did. I probably didn't do something right. I was able to get it off the old laptop no problem though. Lol

Re-host it, then download to a machine that you can call your "server" and then use the borrow feature with whatever laptop you wish to use the license on. Very easy, I use it instead of the re-hosting procedure.

Hope this works for you

Try registering it to an USB-Ethernet adapter ;)

I use the dongle with memory, and it works well, but even there, I just add the desktop that it is usually connected to in my Activations Search path, and as long as I'm on the plant network, I can invisibly grab an activation for the tablet.

Even if I am not on the network, and can't grab one, every time the software see's a valid activation, it resets the 7 day grace period timer, so as long as I get to the network once a week, the tablet always works.

Huh! Never knew that.

Mine is a stand alone. I have a network, but i don't trust breaches and the like. I keep everything on a thumb drive, and back up to a segment every other day. My FTV is on a dongle, RS is what they call "Node Locked" and because even the laptop auto connects to the plant, Rockwell can see every time you open any licensed program.

I say that because I was having problems early on, ("ROOKIE"), I called tech support, ( read one gent called them R.A.T.S. LOL). I told them I was having problems with the activation and licensing. He said "wait one while I look" ...."Oh there you are" . I said "you can see me on line" , he said "YUP".

I did not know that. Oh well. I'm used to my privacy being eroded.

I know for a fact that my activations don't "Dial Home", as the machine network is completely isolated from any type of outer-world connectivity, and everything works fine. I just have to activate once with a network that supports the internet, download the activation, and done.

They DO record what is used to activate the product, but they don't watch it or monitor it after it has been activated.