Micrologix

stvsas

Can someond help me? I have a Micrologix 1000 (1761-L32AWA). I have RS Logix 500 and RS Linx Lite. Someone else used to set up the comms, but he is no longer avaioable to me. I have to talk to the Micrologix, but I can't configure the drivers to work. I've tried what I believe all the combinations and the PLC won't show up . I've been to a Rockwell web site RS Linx qick start, and I'm still nowhere. What copuld I be doing wrong?
I also have a Panelview 300 (2711-K3L5A1). I'd like the pinout for the cable so I can talk to it also.
Thanks in advance for any help I know I'll get.

Make love, not war. Heck, get married and do both!

Quickly off the top of my head since I do not have the software on hand.

Plug in rs232 cable from pc to plc. (make sure it is the right one)
Shut everything down except rslinx. Go to configure drivers>rs232 df1>then auto configure. You should see the 1000 after it auto configures.

Do not know if this is complete but it should get you started. Go to www.ab.com for all things allen bradley.

You could also try using a PIC driver, if the micro is set up for DH485. I cant remember the exact name of the driver off the top of my head. Also I have found that you need to reset the PLC for the PIC driver to auto detect the micro.

good luck!

All Micrologix 1000 use DF1 Full Duplex and DF1 Half Duplex Slave. You will use the DF1 driver in RSLinx to establish communication...NOTE: DO NOT have a PIC driver running at the same time....better NOT to have any other drivers in RSLinx running.

The cable you should be using is 1761-CBL-PM02.

Shutdown or remove all drivers in RSLinx. Verify or add DF1 Dh485 to list then hilite and click configure........BIG NOTE: Make sure the COM PORT is set properly, will NOT work if a modem etc is using that COM PORT. You can click AutoConfigure and it may do the setup for you. Once the driver is properly configured then click OK then Close the Configure window then make sure Autobrowse is checked....the ML should show.

OK. I started from scratch and shut down all other programs. Installed RS 232 devices and BINGO! all done. Can't believe it was so easy. Thanks all for the help.
Now, what do I need to do to talk to the panelview? Panelview 300 P/N 2711-K3A5L1 I have several cables with the 9 pin connector on one end. The panelview has the same connector on its end. Does anyone have the pinout? I can solder a connector one one end if I have the correct pinout. Where would I find that info? Thanks in advance again.

Make love, not war. Heck, get married and do both.

An added note just in case. IF the PV is a 300 Micro then you will need a different cable...either the 1761-CBL-PMO2 or 2711-CBL-HM05 or 2711-CBL-HM10. The only difference in these cables are the lengths. Its a little harder to make these cables because they use that funky din connector but I have heard that Mac/Apple connectors will fit...have not tried it tho.

micrologix

if you are using a series E micrologix controller you will probably have a 9 pin ps2 stytle port the cable is then 1761-cbl-pmo2 ser b
the driver is rs 232 df1 autoconfigure.