Unable to change preset value for rto rslogix 5000

greggerrior

for some reason when i try to change the value for the preset on a rto timer after i change it accept changes it goes back to the old value, any ideas why?

for some reason when i try to change the value for the preset on a rto timer after i change it accept changes it goes back to the old value, any ideas why?

The only thing that makes sense would be that somewhere, something is over-writing this value.

It could be the program, which is easy to find...just do a cross reference.

And, it could be carefully disguised, if indirect addressing is in use.

OR, and perhaps more likely, an external device, like an HMI package, is doing it. It would be easy to eliminate this first, by simply disconnecting all external devices, and see if you can change the value.

Good Luck.

the a mul with the destination at the preset so change the source a value to what i want to multiply source b to get the value i want in my preset for the rto?