RSView32 & Corrupted User Profile

Maximuse

I have a customer that had a power outage which resulted in the PC having a corrupted user profile. He resolved that issue by repairing the operating system but now when he tries to open his Scada file in RSView32 he gets the following error messages:

Failed to update source DSN

ODBC connect to HOTESTSR failed

After some searching on this forum I found Gil's advice:

Give the info below a try just in case cache files are in conflict with your project.

A repair I do if any issue crops up, is to shut down the project, then in Windows Explorer, go into the project folder, open the cache folder, and blow away all files in that cache folder, they will be rebuilt on the next start up.

The next thing I do is go to the projects Tag folder, and look for one file with "the project name".cac
I THEN BLOW THAT ONE ONLY AWAY, leaving all the other files in that folder, this .cac file also will be rebuilt on project start up.

Then shut down computer and reboot and run your project.

I cant promise this will fix your problem, but it wont harm it either.

If the above dont help
Go to start/ program files/ Rockwell software/RSView 32/Tools/Database Import Export Wizard and Export the database, then Re Import it, this will test the tag syntax etc to make sure errors don't exist.

This great advice unfortunately didn't solve the problem.

Any other suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

I should add I am by no means an RSView32 expert so hopefully my description of the issue makes sense. I've only ever used it for visualization, not for Scada.