rslogix 5000 changing controller type

jdiameron

Hi all,

I have an existing project and I am modifying it to my project since they are similar. I noticed the controller types are different. Is it possible to update controller type in the existing project?

I attached a screen shot of my existing program. So instead of 1769-33ERM I would like to add 1769-30 ERM. If its possible:)

Capture.PNG

Yeah you just go to controller properties, on the general tab click Change Controller, then select the L30ERM

edit: A quick way to get to the controller properties is to double click the controller in the I/O tree (in your picture, the highlighted L33ERM)

Unfortunately, when I double click the controller in the I/O tree, Controller Properties page pop up with a white blank page. I assume this is because I am not online... I can see the properties of the drives and point I/Os but not the controller...

I'm pretty sure that you can only make this change offline. If you go to the edit drop down menu and select controller properties do you get the same thing?

edit: oh I see that you actually have the controller properties open in your screenshot, it definitely shouldn't look like that. My gut feeling is that it's an add-on profile issue but I could be incorrect. You could go to Rockwell's site and see if you can get an updated AOP.

If you want, I could take a look at the program if it is V24, just PM me your info.

Last edited:
I just found a tech note aboutblank controller properties window when using AMD graphics cards. KB:583670

Basically it says turn off the option for Enable Dialog Repositioning in AMD's Catalyst Control Center.