RS Linx Disable some features?

gilldawg79

Ok so....Here we go.

Process network has a Plant Pax server pair hanging out there with all the other PLC controllers and Ethernet cards.
We need one of our vendors to get access to their box which is access to the PCN :(so......

Redundant AB CLX 5000 pair- can I just add 1 enbt to one of those racks without faulting the controller out and expecting the rest of the redundancy to work?
Can I opt to put 1 enbt in a remote rack and browse through the backplane to the processor to map signals to the historian? Can I disable the functionality of "right click" > "add ip" for backplane browsing....

Option 1- Put EN2TR's in both racks and allow access to the PCN
Option 2- Put 1 ENBT in one of the Processor racks and hope that it doesn't kill the process, it just barks at us?
Option 3- Put the Historian and HMI machine on the BizLan and add another NIC to that machine (may virtualize this) and connect that NIC to a single ENBT in a remote rack (browse through control net to Processor), a single ENBT in ONE of the processor racks hoping redundancy configuration can handle this, or connect it to EN2TR's and place this network in its own little DLR...All these cards would be a new subnet, NOT ON THE PCN. The only connectivity between these two networks would be the backplane.....Which leads me to my other question.....

Knowing that if I am connected to a ENBT(192.x.x.x) in remote rack that is connected to the processor over ControlNet , I can browse through the Ethernet card to other IP's that are on the PCN by adding their IP address...Even though the connection I am using would be through ENBT>across backplane> out ControlNet to Processor rack>through backplane to EN2TR (10.x.x.x)-----Can I disable that functionality in RS Linx?

I know this is garbled up.....Maybe I can draw it.

Many Thanks!