Database (SQL) alarm logging with FTView SE

phuz

I have not used this aspect of FTView SE, so I am looking for some direction. I'm looking to add some alarms into a SQL database. Nothing jumps out at me, nor can I find any documentation on it. So I created a new data log model using an ODBC source pointed toward the SQL server, allowed it to create the necessary tables, and then added a few tags and set it up for data change only logging.

This can't be the best way to do this, is it?

Oh, how about under Tools -> HMI Tag Alarm Log Setup ?

It couldn't be more obvious. :)

I notice that the alarm tag description doesn't get entered into the DB. This is a bummer. I'm also seeing that it is not logging to SQL every 1 minute as I have specified. In fact, it only logged an alarm 3 times and hasn't logged anything since, no matter how many times I toggle the bit. If I go to Tools -> HMI Tag Alarm Log Viewer, they appear there, though.

Last edited: