FactoryTalk View ME - Template / Logging

Jeebs

Hi,

Most other HMI's I've worked with have some sort of display template.
Screens can use this display as a template.
Very nice to have some objects on each and every screen, without having to add them to each and every screen.

My question is, does FTView ME 7.0 have this same functionality?
The time I've wasted looking for this, I could've just copy pasted the objects I needed into the 120-something screens it needs to be in...... Hoping there is something like this, cause I have 5 similar panels that need this change. Not looking forward to copy pasting 600-something times.....

Second question:
Panelview is on a 192.168.*.* local network.
PLC has 2 ENBT's
Is it possible to set up a log to a path on the second ENBT, which is in a different IP range?

I don't know if there is a template display, but in a situation maybe similar to what you are asking I have done this:
..Create a display that contains all of the "common" components that you want to span multiple displays. Name it TEMPLATE.
..For each subsequent display that you want containing these components, instead of creating a new display right click the TEMPLATE display in the explorer window and choose "Duplicate"
..Save the Component Name as whatever you want your new display to be named and add any other components and objects needed to complete the display.
There may be an easier or cleaner way to do what you are asking, but I have used this method more than once for displays that I knew were going to contain common objects.

There are three ways to create a "template" screen:

1) Make a display as a template and duplicate/rename (just like Prometheus said). That template display is stored in the project, not accessible to other projects.

2) Create a Library display. You would need to copy the objects from there and paste them onto a new display; not as easy as (1). The only value here is that the Library displays are local to your PC user login and accessible from all projects.

3) Use Global Objects. You create an object one time ("base" object), copy/paste it anywhere in your project ("reference" object) and from then on you only need to make changes to the one global object. Changes are automatic throughout the project. So, if you paste that object across 120 screens and need to make a change, then you only have to update the 1 "base" global object.

Use (1) and (3) together and you have what you are looking for.

Nice features that seem to be useful when still in the design phase.
Doesn't really help when you've inherited what appears to be the failed attempts at creating a HMI by the intern that's repeated his internship for the last 7 years. And not even wondering why he had to repeat it.....in stead wondering why he was allowed in front of a computer again....

Oh well, copy/paste it is then.
And bring to front, send to back, **** not that one, ctrl+z, copy/paste, rinse and repeat.

If you are going to copy/paste anyway, just paste it into a Global Object display.
Copy from the Global Object display and paste throughout your project.

It won't help you this time, but next time you only need to change the base global object.
That kind of future thinking is what makes you different than the intern.