Free CAD software for you to download

As soon as people see the word 'FREE' they thinks oh yeah' what's the catch'

But yesterday I was reading a monthly electrical magazine and came across this. Fully working Electrical CAD software from RS Components.

It's called DESIGNSPARK ELECTRICAL.

I downloaded it and had a 'play' with it for half an hour..... it seems a perfectly good electrical CAD package.

The only 'catch' if you can call it a catch is that all the components are either sold by RS or Schneider - but seeing as they both paid to make the software, what else would you expect.

Here it is

http://www.rs-online.com/designspark/automation/designspark-electrical

The package looks to be oriented to European style schematics, not the JIC based US style. Too bad, as it looks like a very capable package.

I've been using LibreCAD for some time now. This exists also as a portable version on PortableApps.com. It's pretty much an AutoCAD lookalike.

Kind regards,

This electrical version was recently released but DS mechanical has been around for a while now. Good for EU folks as if you use RS part's it can auto create BOM's etc. With the mechanical you can build your panel layout in 3D, similar to e-plan's add on which costs £££.

I see there are a few more free CAD programs. Just put this link up because it looked very good and plenty of people have no CAD of there own with any way of paying massive £££'s for a good package.

i am using designspark pcb,mechanical,electrical.
you can make your own symbols.
i also use qelectrotech, but it lacks lists, however the symbols are great.
and a cheap one called elwin.